Work Cover Surgeon Campbelltown
Are you commencing a worker’s compensation claim after an accident at work that may require urgent surgical care?
Do you require surgical care for an injury at work in the Campbelltown area,
Or perhaps you require treatment for a motor accident injury or a TPD (total and permanent disability) assessment?
Orthoclinic – based in Campbelltown, Strathfield, Bankstown and East Sydney has a worker injury clinic dedicated to providing exceptional surgical care for the injured worker to get patients back to work fast.
Our team is highly experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of injured workers and injury management – and we are committed to returning workers back to life and productivity – with minimum pain and income loss.
Multidisciplinary Support Network
Our clinics offers comprehensive support to help clients get back to work including:
– Case conferencing with Nominated Treating Doctors, Physiotherapists, Case Managers, and GPs when required
– Performing Workers Compensation Examinations
– Assessing, diagnosing and treating worker injuries
– Performing IMEs (Independent Medical Examinations)
– Performing Whole Person Impairment Assessments
– Performing Total and Permanent Disability reports
– Performing CTP claims (comprehensive third party) examinations and reports
– Working alongside other specialists such as psychiatrists, psychologists, physiotherapists and pain physicians when required
– Referring and liaising with physiotherapists and reviewing patients after rehabilitation.
– Telehealth consultations, useful for country patients who travel to Sydney for their surgery
– We also regularly provide second opinions about worker injuries should this be needed.
Is it work or life?
Work accidents occur every day in the Australian workforce and orthopaedic injuries can range from:
– Overexertion through lifting, pushing and pulling
– Falls, slips and trips
– Repetitive motion injuries (e.g. typing)
– Machine crushing and entanglement
– Falling objects or debris
Workers’ compensation is a system to ensure injured workers are fairly compensated for injuries sustained at work and this compensation can take the form of medical and rehabilitation costs, surgery, ambulance and medical costs as well as physiotherapists, orthopaedic and ergonomic aids and other services to help you return to work.
Many orthopaedic workplace injuries may have some element of a “pre-existing” condition but frequently these conditions are exacerbated by an event at work.
That is why it’s so important to immediately report an injury at work to your employer and to seek early treatment for better outcomes.
Call us today if you are seeking a workers compensation surgeon.
The 24-hour rule
This is only in circumstances where the injury occurred in the last 24 hours and is an emergency.
In this case approval is not required and Orthoclinic may be able to bill the employer directly.
For all other cases, you will FIRST require written approval from your insurance company or employer otherwise you will be charged at the time of consultation.
It’s also important to bring a referral from your GP, hospital emergency doctor or other medical doctors along with your claim number when you come to your consultation.
If it is an existing claim, please notify your case manager as they will need to be advised about treatments for funding approval.
For more information please contact one of the following organisations WorkSafe NSW, SIRA and icare.
Dr Jonathan Herald is at Campbelltown on Wednesdays and Fridays, and has early evening clinics on alternate Wednesdays.
Suite 118, Level 1,
4 Hyde Parade,
Campbelltown, NSW, 2560
(02) 9233 3946
(02) 9009 0663